Why should I use a Doula?
A doula at the birth will provide continuous support which may have physical and emotional benefits for the mother and added health benefits for their babies. Many studies have shown the following benefits of having a doula attending the birth:
- Shorter Hospital stays
- Shorter birth with less complications
- Reduced use of Pitocin, pain medication
- Reduced use of forceps, vacuum extraction, c-sections
- Higher rate of successful breastfeeding
- Overall satisfaction of the birth experience